These Are (More Of) My Confessions
1. Am I the only one who thinks that everyone is over-reacting over Miley Cyrus’s risqué VMA performance? Guys. She’s only 20 years old, for crying out loud. What do you expect from her? If she wants to twerk around in her latex hot-shorts, then so be it. She’s not hurting anyone. And she’s certainly got the body for it. If anything, we should all consider ourselves lucky that the dumb stuff WE did in our younger years hasn’t been flaunted all over the Internet. Cut the girl some slack.
Besides, if my dad was Billy Ray, I’d probably rebel too.
(Sidenote: I actually saw someone tweet using the hashtag #PRAYFORMILEY yesterday. That girl got an immediate unfollow. Here’s a thought — try praying for something that ACTUALLY matters.)
2. Back in the day, I had a serious crush on Lance Bass. I remember going to my first *NSYNC concert and screaming “MARRY ME LANCE!!!!” at the top of my lungs when the boys first took the stage. If only I knew then what I know now…
3. Frank and I pre-gamed the VMAs… at Applebees. How embarrassing are we? Please don’t tell anyone.
4. Speaking of Frank, I must confess that we haven’t done a legitimate Fridays with Frankie D post in WEEKS. That will all change this Friday. You have my most sincere promise. I hope we haven’t lost our fans forever.
5. Before this weekend, I hadn’t seen my best friend from college in OVER A YEAR. Unacceptable on so many levels. Thankfully, I was able to make a quick trip to Boston on Friday night to see her and catch up over Wicked at the Boston Opera House and Boloco Burritos.
(Sidenote: Why has no one told me about Boloco before? Sara, I’m talking to you. Talk about a life-changing Mexican food moment. I may never be the same.)
6. At any given moment, I’m probably thinking about Mexican food. See #5 for confirmation.
7. My parents are in Napa Valley right now and they didn’t invite me and I think that’s really rude
and I would be EXTREMELY mad at them if Christmas wasn’t just a few months away.
What are your confessions? What did you think of Miley’s VMA performance?
In Case You Missed It: