The Start of Summer, via Instagram
I don’t know what the weather is like where you are, but — here in the Big Apple — summer is definitely upon us.
The heat is scorching. The smell of hot garbage is inescapable. You can’t walk more than 10 feet without droplets of unidentifiable liquid falling on your head. Is it rain? It is a leaky A.C. unit? Is it URINE?!!
(Let’s face it. It’s New York City. It’s probably urine.)
Disgusting bodily functions aside, I couldn’t be happier that the warm weather is finally here to stay. After all, summer IS the most wonderful time of the year.
Wait, scratch that. Christmas is. But summer is a close second.
Here’s what’s been shakin’ in my neck of the woods this week!
1. A Tuesday night KDP (Kitchen Dance Party) for the books. We even got Greg into it. Do yourself a favor and add this song into your Summer Playlist right meow.
2. A trip to the theater with my better half, J-J-J-Jimmy Knowles. (Thanks mom and dad!) The music in “Once” was absolutely beautiful but — SPOILER ALERT — the final scene literally made me want to punch a baby in the face. After the final round of applause died down, Jimmy turned to me and whispered: “So, do we come back tomorrow for the ending, or…?”
3. A visit from one of my best friends from back home! We took him to Pier 13 and then to Kings Supermarket… to use the bathroom. Best day ever?
4. A dinner date with one of the coolest chicks I know. Kelsey took me to a restaurant called Tre in the Lower East Side. YOU. GUYS. All-you-can-eat-spaghetti-and-meatballs and all-you-can-drink-Sangria is an ACTUAL, SERIOUS, REAL THING. How am I JUST learning this? (Sorry for all of the caps. I’m just excited. Clearly.)
5. A celebration in the West Village! One step closer to equality. I’m so happy for all of my friends who are finally starting to win this great fight! Love is love, my people.
What’s been the highlight of your week so far? GO!