Now Playing: Playlist 3
A perfect Sunday morning requires a few things.
For starters? Mimosas.
Next? A solid FaceTime session. Or two.
And, most importantly? Music.
Pop some bubbly and enjoy!
1. 1+1 / Beyonce — This isn’t a new song by any means, but it still gets me every time. (I’m emotional.) I recently found this video on YouTube that Jay-Z took of Beyonce absolutely killing this song in rehearsal. It brings me to the following two questions: 1. WHY AM I NOT BEYONCE? And 2. How freakin’ adorable are her and Jay?
2. Ronan / Taylor Swift — I’ve been reading the blog Rockstar Ronan for over a year now. It’s a diary of sorts, written by a heartbroken mother who lost her baby boy to Neuroblastoma when he was only 4 years old. When I saw that a song called “Ronan” was #1 on iTunes, my heart skipped a beat. I encourage you to read more about Ronan and to donate to the cause by buying the song. It’s beautiful.
3. No Love Stories Without Pretty Girls / The Jane Doze — On a lighter note, Chelsea introduced me to this awesome mash-up during our mimosa session yesterday morning. Warning: It will make you want to throw all responsibility out the window and go dance forever.
4. Don’t Wake Me Up / Chris Brown — Speaking of dancing…
5. Home / Phillip Phillips — I’m a big fan of this song, and I have the 2012 London Olympics to thank for that. Do you recognize it? What about now?
Here’s to a great week!