Exploring Kennebunkport, ME
After our morning in Portland, Eric and I continued onwards to our final destination — Kennebunkport, Maine!
My parents had visited this cute beach town not too long ago and, at their recommendation, we decided to head North and see it for ourselves. It turned out to be the perfect destination for a few days of relaxation and sunshine.
We decided to forego a typical hotel and spend two nights in our own private cottage. This may have been the best idea we’ve ever had, and we’ve had a lot of good ideas.
We spent two nights at the Maine Stay Inn & Cottages located at 34 Maine Street, right in the heart of Kennebunkport. Our experience was amazing!
1. The innkeepers were friendly, helpful, knowledgable, and they remembered our names throughout our entire stay. (It sounds silly, but it makes a difference!)
2. Breakfast was complimentary, and delivered straight to our door each morning.
3. Our room had a Keurig coffee maker, a fireplace, and two flat-screen TVs — one located right above the hot tub. It was also incredibly clean, which made my Type-A heart skip a beat.
4. We had free access to beach passes, beach chairs, towels and umbrellas.
5. There were homemade cookies served with afternoon tea every day at 4:00PM. There were also clam-shaped fortune cookies on our pillow each morning!
It was heaven.
My only complaint? Our stay simply wasn’t long enough.
Even though we could have easily spent all 48 hours in our cottage, we did make sure to get out and explore!
Note to Self: Kayaking is not my strong point. My arms are spaghetti. At least I got to check if off my Bucket List!
Kennebunkport was beautiful, and a wonderful escape from reality. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a New England escape this summer.
Next up? Nantucket! Spoiler alert — it may have changed my life.
- A Celebration of Epic Proportions
- As Told by Jimmy: Part VI
- Back in the Swing of Things
- Butt Burns and Jelly Beans
- Dear Prom Date,