5 Pieces of Advice Everyone Ignores, but Shouldn’t
(via Martha Beck for O Magazine)
1. What leaves you feeling bad, do less of. What leaves you feeling good, do more of.
I guess I should really spend more time at the gym and less time making sure that every single noodle in my pasta bowl is coated with parmesan cheese.
2. To achieve bigger goals, take smaller steps.
I have big feet and long legs so this is hard for me.
3. Lie down and rest for a while.
I have no problems following this advice.
“Tired. Just tired.”
4. When you don’t know what to say, try the truth.
It’s like the wise Ross Geller once said on ‘Friends’ — “Look, if nothing else, it’s always great when someone tells you they love you.”
Ain’t that the truth!
5. Free yourself from dysfunctional people by refusing to try to control them.