26 Things I Know at 26
1. Age is just a number.
2. You should not EVER feel guilty for being happy.
3. You will not die if you forego making your bed every once in a while.
4. There are times you should try harder, and there are times you should just walk away.
5. The “perfect moment” doesn’t exist. When you want (or need) to do something, DO IT.
8. Pretending to be perfect does not make you perfect. Let your flaws shine.
9. If it’s unfit for all of the eyes of the world, don’t publish it to the Internet.
10. Setting your expectations low will allow you the chance to be pleasantly surprised.
11. Not much is worth fighting about.
14. When choosing between anything and family, the answer is always family.
15. What you admire in others, you possess somewhere inside of you.
16. There will always be something new to learn, whether it’s a worldly issue or just how to style your hair without looking like a wet dog.
17. It’s okay to miss out on things. You cannot be everywhere and do everything.
18. Your apologies won’t always be accepted. Learn how to forgive yourself when someone else won’t.
19. Everything is not always black and white. There is not always a “right” answer.
20. Being an introvert isn’t something to be ashamed of.
23. If you don’t know something, don’t pretend you do.
24. Making someone else feel special will always make you feel special in return.
25. Relationships take work. Give them the attention and care that they deserve.
26. All good things must come to an end.
And, with that being said –
As I embark upon my 26th year of life, the time has come to say goodbye to this (very public) chapter of my life. You may have seen this coming, as it’s been months since I’ve posted anything of substance. I’ve loved having this space to collect my thoughts, share my words, and connect with so many different people. However, I think I’ve graduated from the notion that I need to share every detail of my life. The time has come for me to shine more attention on other areas of my life. My family. My friends. My job. Myself.
Thanks for all of the love and encouragement over the past 3 1/2 years. I’m a completely different person than I was when I first landed here, and I’m excited and ready to see what the future holds.
Until next time. Whenever that may be.
In Case You Missed It: