25 Things I Know at 25
2. Don’t give up. Something wonderful and unexpected awaits you.
3. Not everyone will like you, and that’s okay.
4. Sometimes, we must close one door to open another.
7. On the contrary, it’s okay to splurge. Do it often.
8. Keeping in touch isn’t always easy, but it’s important.
13. Influence others to be better.
14. Let yourself be influenced to be better.
15. If you don’t know, ask.
18. You’re allowed to change your mind.
19. Even if it’s not what you want to hear, your mom and dad are always right.
20. There’s a very big different between NEED and WANT.
23. The best investment you can make in life is in your health.
24. Allow yourself to be angry, but always forgive.
25. Most of the time what you are looking for is right in front of you.
Thank you so much for all the sweet birthday wishes! I had the most wonderful day (week, really) of celebrations. I truly consider myself to be the luckiest girl in the world.
On Friday, Kay threw a surprise birthday party for Brian at Japas 27. You can’t go wrong with unlimited booze — plus, we got to witness the boys perform very special renditions of Vanessa Carlton’s “White Houses” AND Wilson Philips’s “Hold On.” Perfect.
If my memory serves me correctly, I turned 25 on Park Avenue (in search of the perfect bar for dancing, obviously) in a giant group hug will all of my best friends. Again — perfect.
When we finally made it back to Hoboken after 2am, I opened my bedroom door to find a surprise of birthday decorations, presents, balloons, and flowers. Those sneaky boys. Even though it was the middle of the night, they joined me on my bed and let me open all of my presents like a little kid on Christmas.
(Does this mean I’m a published author?)
Thank you to everyone who made this birthday one that I will never forget. I love you all!
In Case You Missed It: